i usually don't take so many photos of the sewing process, but this was a momentous project after all!
here is one yard of my beetle-bug fabric ready to be pinned and cut. i made sure to position the pattern pieces to all face in the same direction since this fabric design has a definite up & down. (i used #18 from japanese pattern book "check & stripe floral" like my last tee).
everything cut out plus the 1.25" wide strip for the neck and sleeve binding:
cute pocket carefully sewn on:
getting ready to sew on the neck binding:
neck binding sewn on. ironing the raw edge to meet the serged edge, which then gets folded over to make a neat and even finish.
same on the sleeves. pinning it in place on the right side.
(getting late). i like to use my "stitch in the ditch" foot to sew super-close to the binding on the right side.
and another nerdy photo of me proudly covered in bugs: