making custom clothing fit just right can be tricky, so i was happy to find that one of my japanese books had a t-shirt pattern that was (almost) perfect for me.
i used #18 from "check & stripe floral". first i tested the pattern (luckily, my test tee turned out good enough to finish and wear). the shoulders were a tad narrow so i extended them about 3/8" and brought the shoulder seams forward 1/2"... and that's it! i'm particularly pleased with the straight fit and narrow sleeves.
the striped and floral fabrics were both originally second-hand shirts. i placed my pattern pieces carefully to keep the existing button placket and hem. there wasn't quite enough of the stripes to do the entire back, so i added the floral yoke. i finished the neck with a skinny strip of the same floral. i'll definitely be using this pattern to make a bunch of new tees!
below: the pattern pieces barely fit on the second-hand shirt. (i cut the original shirt apart at the side, sleeve and shoulder seams before pinning and cutting out my pieces).