i'd been wanting to make myself a garment out of this vintage gauzy gingham for a while. i like how the lightness and crinkles take the edge off the big, bold pattern. went for simple and boxy... starting with pattern D from japanese stylish dress book vol. 2, i shortened the body quite a bit and lengthened the sleeves a couple inches. i finished the neck with bias binding instead of a facing and liked how that looked so much that i did the same on the sleeves and hem. i cut the hem binding strips shorter than i normally would and stretched them to the max while attaching. this pulled in and almost gathered the edges, giving the top a softer shape. i'm really happy with how it turned out!
(this first photo is one david shot with our polaroid land camera while we were out exploring).