i'm so happy with how this new blouse turned out. i used the same vintage 1964 pattern as my sailboat top, but made the long sleeve version this time. i think this pretty fabric (thrifted) with it's dainty bows is a fun match for the boxy, boyish fit of this top. also, i made flat-felled seams throughout, which is such a nice, sturdy finish that toughens up the girlish print (a bit)...
one change i made this time was to add a collar stand. the original collar pattern piece has a built-in stand, but the collar on my sailboat top never rolled right... this is much better.
original collar pattern piece with built-in stand:
also, i divided the center back pleat into two tucks placed closer to the shoulders (using a couple of men's shirts for reference), so as not to compete with the little loop in the middle.
possibly the best curved hem i've ever stitched: